Sunday, May 13, 2007

For anyone who may still be out there...

...here’s the story…

I guess you could say I have some good news and some bad news (and as always, you get to decide which is which).

First the bad (good) news: I have finally decided to retire Lucky indefinitely. My schedule has been so dominated by freelance and just trying to stay afloat that I can’t imagine finding time for an animated film right now. Over last summer I polished up the story reel and felt good about the way it was looking. I sent it out to a few select people for feedback and got some very helpful notes in return (some of which I’ll share at a later time). Over all the response was good but what became apparent was the premise of the film wasn’t as clear as I had thought. After digesting the notes for several months, I’ve realized I don’t know how to fix the story with out scrapping everything that’s been done to this point... and that’s just not a possibility right now. Maybe some day I’ll have some sudden inspiration, a creative epiphany or a smack in the head…but until then I am packing it up and placing it back on the shelf.

So, what’s the good (bad) news you say? Well, over the next week, I’m going to share the rest of the Legacy story. Okay, I hear you in the back, stop your sighing. I promise it will be like a roller coaster ride with daring leaps of faith, cunning villains and muppets. Well, actually I’m not going to get that specific. But it is an interesting tale nonetheless and afterwards you can all laugh at me for being so gullible.

And, as a special added bonus, at the end of the week I’ll post the final story reel for Lucky... warts and all. I’ll also post my final thoughts on the project as well as some of the notes I’ve received (don’t worry folks, all the notes will be anonymous. No jobs will be at stake here.).

So if your still out there pop in from time to time this week and I promise an earful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. Now the truth will be told !
(Name names ! tell all ... !! heh-heh)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Josh Daws said...

That's too bad. I really like the story of Lucky. Hopefully it'll be resurrected at some point in the future.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home